“Pete” McCloskey, Jr. (born September 29, 1927) served as a congressman from the San Francisco Bay Area from 1967 to 1983.
He ran on an anti-war platform for the Republican nomination for President in 1972 but was defeated by incumbent President Richard Nixon. In April 2007, McCloskey switched his affiliation to the Democratic Party.
McCloskey is a decorated United States Marine Corps veteran of combat during the Korean War, being awarded the Navy Cross, the Silver Star, and the Purple Heart (twice).
- His role in the Nixon impeachment
- Pat Robertson
- His role in creating Earth Day
- His role in environmental legislation
- The Israel Lobby
- His lawsuit against the ADL
- The Israeli attack on the USS Liberty